- Fixed USB device notification and ejection not working issue.
- Changed the iFlash/F7 block rule for warning message pop-ups.
About This Release:
- Visual BIOS: 2.0.23 Production Candidate Build
- ME Firmware: 22.214.171.1247
- Option ROM: Build 2177 PC 14.34
- UEFI Driver: 5.0.1034
- Option ROM: v1403 PXE 2.1 Build 091
- UEFI Driver: 5.1.00
- SATA RAID Option ROM: v126.96.36.1993
- MEBx Code: Based on Version 9.0.0.0023
- BIOS version 0139 added support for Microsoft Windows 8.1. After updating to version 0139 or later, you will not be able to downgrade to version 0036 or earlier. The following warning message will display: This BIOS is not allowed to downgrade reversion, but system will do reset in 20 seconds automatically.
Which file to choose:
- Recovery BIOS Update [PG0141.BIO] - A .BIO file to be used for F7 BIOS Update method or a BIOS recovery process. In the unlikely event that a BIOS update is interrupted, it is possible the BIOS may be left in an unusable state. Use the recovery BIOS update to recover from this condition. It requires a USB flash device or
- Iflash BIOS Update [PGQ8710H.86A.0141.BI.ZIP] - A DOS-based utility to update the BIOS regardless of operating system. It requires a USB flash device or CD.
- Express BIOS Updates: PGQ8710H.86A.0141.EB.EXE - Self-extracting Windows-based update file, designed to be used on Windows systems.. This method is the most commonly used.
- Express BIOS Updates: PGQ8710H.86A.0141.EB.WINPE64.EXE – for WinPE - Self-extracting Windows-based update file, designed to be used with either Microsoft Windows PE.x64 or Microsoft Windows x64 operating systems.
- Downgrading the BIOS to an earlier version is not recommended and may not be supported. An earlier BIOS version may not contain the support for the latest processors, bug fixes, critical security updates, or support for the latest board revisions currently being manufactured.
- Update the BIOS on your computer only if the newer BIOS version specifically solves a problem you have. We do not recommend BIOS updates for computers that do not need it.
- If a BIOS update process is interrupted, your computer may not function properly. We recommend the process be done in an environment with a steady power supply (preferably with UPS).
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.